For the last 4-5 weeks it’s been a whirlwind around here as I upgraded my 1965 era electrical panel (which was the old glass fuse style) to a larger panel with 200amp service complete with new sub-panel for the garage. For years I have been wanting to rip apart the garage and re-insulate it and this gave me the push required. I ended up gutting the garage completely which took forever as I had to move all the equipment around each time I needed to access the next wall. I installed new insulation and drywall and I finally have all the power outlets I have been in need of.
I added a new shop heater, purchased a monster sized tool-box that consolidated the 3 other boxes I was using, nabbed a horizontal bandsaw off kijiji, tore down my old wood motorcycle table and purchased a proper motorcycle lift, and lastly purchased a Hypertherm plasma cutter and have been going non-stop on the new 4×4 CNC plasma table. I hope to have that up and running in the next week or so.
Oh and I almost forgot, the metal has been ordered so I can begin building a new welding table which I think I may blog about separately, so once I sort out all the equipment I will be in good shape to get back to the motorcycle builds.
Things are finally getting a little more organized which is certainly helpful when you’re working with a small shop space.